Does your partner ever leave notes lying around for you to find? Mine does, although the children may have seen this latest one before me. It read:
I don't know if I can keep loving you. You are so selfish and full of shit.
This is a fairly typical comment from Persephone; what is rarer is the fact that is written down. Makes the sentiments more official, harder to deny. I'm full of shit and selfish; there, I've admitted it, I'm ready for my therapy group. ' Hi, I'm John and I am...'
The thing is (here it comes; the justification) I don't have any friends or hobbies. I don't have demands that I insist on having met; like blow me now, feed me now, mend my clothes, be like my mother but without the guilt. So I'm not sure about how I'm selfish - it's probably mental selfishness. Deep down inside I like the idea of a woman who is bright and also wants to fuck me. Is that selfish or just unrealistic?
As for being full of shit, I'm always admitting my many shortcomings in a sincere fashion. If someone thinks of a new one I hadn't thought of I'm only to happy to take that on board as well. I think the shittiness aspect is probably that I don't hate myself. Early on in my life I figured that most people don't really like you, not consistently anyway, so you better rely on yourself. I might be wrong here, but I think most women are insecure and they don't like the people they are with to be kind to themselves. I don't mean kind by buying presents, lap dances or wasting money on really stupid gadgets like a electric cider pourer. I just mean kind, inside.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment